Mar 20, 2011

R.I.P Knut.

  I was sad to learn of the death of the polar bear named Knut, who caused much controversy after he and his twin brother were violently rejected by their mother. Knuts twin died, but Knut survived, living in the Berlin Zoo.
Witnesses say that Knut was sitting on some rocks, then his leg started shuddering violently. He got up and started walking in circles before plunging into the water, where he floated to the surface, dead. The Zoo staff quickly erected a screen around the enclosure and later the Zoo was closed early. But not before one visitor captured the sad image of Knut, face down in the murky green water. I will not post the pic because it is too sad. If you want to see it I found the news story on the ninemsn site.
R.I.P Knut, your poor disturbed tragic life is now at an end. Be at peace little one.

15 comments:

  1. ohhh thats very sad :( I hadnt heard this, wonder what happened to him,something amiss with him somwhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(
    I heard too. Saw a documentary on Knut, when he lived with his trainer/keeper. The two were inseparable.
    He never went hungry, never had to fight another bear and lived with 3 females.
    I think he had a good life, Sprite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! :-( I hadn't heard anything about Knut or this story. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All kidding aside, this is kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sprite. I read about this and thought of you. (It looks like a spriteous type activity.)
    http://sharonkaycreech.blogspot.com/2011/03/comfort-dolls.html
    No pressure. I just thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this is soooo sad! I remember when they had a contest to name him. thank you for not posting the photo. I don't want to look for it either, that is much too sad. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dbs Looks like something I would do, although I cant really knit, I would crochet them.
    I actually used to make "Memory Boxes" for the hospitals. They were unique hand painted boxes for parents who had lost a baby to put special things in. I am also thinking of making some crochet baby beanies to donate to the hospital as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sad! but i've got to be honest, the title jumped out at me when i first saw it. the letters got a bit rearranged in my eyes & twas rather shocking for half a second.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @sherilin...OO! I can see how that could happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. (By the way, the PDF won't work. :-( Could you just send it copied and pasted, to my email please?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I left you something ;). Will make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was very sad... I was fascinated with him.. poor little thing :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I want to cry!!!:( I'm so sad! He was such a darling little sweetheart. :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say :)